Civil Rights and Non-Discrimination Grievance and Complaint Procedures
Sammamish Plateau Water and Sewer District is committed to preventing discrimination in our work. We do not discriminate against people based on their race, color, national origin, disability, age, or sex. We do not intimidate or retaliate against any individual or group because they have exercised their rights or for the purpose of interfering with such rights.
If you have questions about our civil rights program or concerns about discrimination in our work, please contact our Civil Rights Coordinator. You may also file a formal discrimination complaint by following the process described below.
Federal non-discrimination laws
As recipients of federal funding, we are required to comply with federal non-discrimination laws, including the following:
- Title 40 of the Code of Federal Regulations, parts 5 and 7
- Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended
- Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973
- Age Discrimination Act of 1975
- Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972
Anyone who believes they have been discriminated against in the receipt of benefits or services from Sammamish Plateau Water and Sewer District on the grounds of race, color, national origin, disability, age, or sex, or believe they have been retaliated against or intimidated on the same grounds, may file a formal complaint with Sammamish Plateau Water and Sewer District.
How to file a complaint
Please submit your complaint in writing within 180 business days from the date the incident you are describing occurred. If you need assistance to provide a written complaint, please contact our Civil Rights Coordinator at 425-392-6256 or email CivilRightsCoordinator@spwater.org.
Your complaint should contain the following information:
- Name, address, email, and phone number.
- If you are a Sammamish Plateau Water and Sewer District employee and your complaint is about discrimination you experienced at work.
- Name of the program or Sammamish Plateau Water and Sewer District employee(s) your complaint concerns.
- Description of the alleged discrimination, including the location and date of the event and the basis (race, color, national origin, disability, age, sex, or retaliation).
- Signature of the complainant.
Where to send your complaint
For job, hiring-related, or all other discrimination complaints
If you are a member of the public and your complaint concerns discrimination you experienced from a member of our staff or one of our programs, send your complaint:
- Electronically by emailing: CivilRightsCoordinator@spwater.org
- By mail to:
Civil Rights Coordinator
Sammamish Plateau Water and Sewer District
1510 228th Avenue SE; Sammamish, WA 98075
The federal agencies that fund Sammamish Plateau Water and Sewer District’s work also review our compliance with civil rights laws, including the Environmental Protection Agency. You can also choose to file a complaint about Sammamish Plateau Water and Sewer District directly with this agency.