Appointment & Positions
Lloyd has been active in regional water supply planning and policy for over 30 years and is the District's representative to the Cascade Water Alliance, our regional water supplier. He served two terms as Cascade's Board Chairman. Prior to his retirement, Lloyd served as the City of Bellevue's Utility Director for a number of years where he was involved in all areas of water utility management and policy, including operations, maintenance, capital programs, planning, budgeting, rate setting, engineering, and environmental programs. Lloyd received the 2001 Best of Bellevue Award for "Best Public Official", and the Puget Sound Engineering Council's "Government Engineer of the Year" award in 2003.
Lloyd has been a resident of the Sammamish area since 1978, and has been a District customer since 1985.
Current Commissioner Assignments
- Cascade Water Alliance Board Member
- Cascade Water Alliance Resource Management Committee (Chair)
- Sammamish Chamber of Commerce*
- Issaquah Chamber of Commerce*
- King County Wastewater Treatment Division Government Liaison
- King County Regional Water Quality Committee: WASWD Representative
- Metropolitan Water Pollution Abatement Advisory Committee*:
(Rates & Finance*, and Engineering & Planning* subcommittees)
- Washington Association of Sewer and Water Districts (WASWD):
(Board of Directors*, and Section IV meetings)
- Representative at meetings focused on: PFAS, and Workforce Housing
* Denotes role as an observer